Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

Date Joined : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Bible Verse of the Day   Thu Dec 15 2011, 11:07

Today's Verse

I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving. This will please the LORD more than an ox, more than a bull with its horns and hoofs. The poor will see and be glad -- you who seek God, may your hearts live!
Psalm 69:30-32 (NIV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Our praise should not only please God, it should also produce joy and gladness in the streets among the poor! Why? Because praise invites us to not only applaud God for what he does, but to also join him in partnership as he does it. God's generosity, which evokes our praise, should stir our generosity, which in turn blesses others and leads them to praise God!

My Prayer...

Holy God, Almighty and majestic King, you are worthy of all honor and praise. You have done wonderful and mighty things. You have poured out your blessings upon me. You have kept your promises and provided me with the way of salvation. Please empower and strengthen me as I commit myself to bless, serve, and encourage others for your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Please read a letter from Phil Ware about Verse of the Day's plans for 2012.

The Thoughts and Prayer on Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Emotions/133316206720969
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: Bible Verse of the Day   Sat Dec 17 2011, 11:10

Today's Verse

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.
Hebrews 2:18 (NIV)

Jesus was tempted like we are! He suffered like we do! God in his grace made sure that we have someone in heaven who knows what it is like to face suffering and mortality. This knowledge is not only omniscient wisdom. Jesus also guarantees that heaven's knowledge includes human experience. Aren't you thankful that Jesus knew suffering and mortality and that he now lives to redeem, to bless, and to ultimately help us mortals?

My Prayer...

Loving and Almighty God, I know you know me and what is best for me. But Father, I'm even more confident in your care and understanding because Jesus shared in our wrestling match with suffering and mortality. Thank you, Jesus, for pleading my cause at the Father's right hand. I ask for the Father's continued grace in your name, Lord Jesus. Amen.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: Bible Verse of the Day   Sun Dec 18 2011, 12:26

Today's Verse

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age...
Galatians 1:3-4 (NIV)

Jesus comes to our rescue! Why? Because he knows the times in which we live aren't easy. He knows that the world in which we live is caught up in wickedness. That, however, is not the only reality. He gives us great victory through his Cross. No wonder we can greet each other with grace and peace. He purchased them for us.

My Prayer...

Father, please help me distinguish between good and evil as I confront them daily in my life. Make evil repulsive to me despite the many ways that Satan tries to make it look seductive. Thank you, Jesus, for coming to my rescue when I was a sinner, unable to save myself. Thank you for sharing your grace and giving me peace. Through the blessed Holy Spirit I offer my thanks and praise in Jesus' name. Amen.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: Bible Verse of the Day   Tue Dec 20 2011, 11:23

Today's Verse

God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under law, to redeem those under law, that we might receive the full rights of sons.
Galatians 4:4-5 (NIV)

God sent his Son. No one else would do. He had sent prophets, priests, and preachers. Religion remained earthbound, legalistic, and doomed. So God sent what is most precious to him, his Son. Why? So measly human beings such as you and I could be adopted into his family and have the same rights as the Savior, God's Son and our brother in the faith!

My Prayer...

Thank you, Holy God, for bringing me back into your family through your Son. Thank you for not treating me as my sins deserve. Thank you for not leaving me under Law, but redeeming me through your grace into a dynamic love relationship as your child. Thank you for your plan of redemption that wound its way through Old Testament history until the time came to fulfill all your promises. Thank you for sending your Son. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I thank you. Amen.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: Bible Verse of the Day   Tue Dec 20 2011, 11:25

pasensya na po kung matitigil ang pagpost ko dito starting today.. smile
GB po sa lahat...
Back to top Go down
baby_maker82