Ilaw ng Konek

Date Joined : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sun Dec 04 2011, 00:40

DAILY GOSPEL

«Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life.» John 6,68

Saturday, 03 December 2011

Saturday of the First week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Francis Xavier, Priest (1506-1552) - Memorial

Saint Bernard : "At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned"

Book of Isaiah 30:19-21.23-26.

O people of Zion, who dwell in Jerusalem, no more will you weep; He will be gracious to you when you cry out, as soon as he hears he will answer you.
The Lord will give you the bread you need and the water for which you thirst. No longer will your Teacher hide himself, but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher,
While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ears: "This is the way; walk in it," when you would turn to the right or to the left.
He will give rain for the seed that you sow in the ground, And the wheat that the soil produces will be rich and abundant. On that day your cattle will graze in spacious meadows;
The oxen and the asses that till the ground will eat silage tossed to them with shovel and pitchfork.
Upon every high mountain and lofty hill there will be streams of running water. On the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall,
The light of the moon will be like that of the sun and the light of the sun will be seven times greater (like the light of seven days). On the day the LORD binds up the wounds of his people, he will heal the bruises left by his blows.

Psalms 147(146):1-2.3-4.5-6.
Hallelujah! How good to celebrate our God in song; how sweet to give fitting praise.
The LORD rebuilds Jerusalem, gathers the dispersed of Israel,
Heals the brokenhearted, binds up their wounds,
Numbers all the stars, calls each of them by name.

Great is our Lord, vast in power, with wisdom beyond measure.
The LORD sustains the poor, but casts the wicked to the ground.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 9:35-38.10:1.6-8.
Jesus went around to all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and curing every disease and illness.
At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned, like sheep without a shepherd.
Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is abundant but the laborers are few;
so ask the master of the harvest to send out laborers for his harvest."
Then he summoned his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits to drive them out and to cure every disease and every illness.
Go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
As you go, make this proclamation: 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'
Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, drive out demons. Without cost you have received; without cost you are to give.

Copyright © Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, USCCB

Commentary of the day :

Saint Bernard (1091-1153), Cistercian monk and doctor of the Church
7th Sermon for Advent

"At the sight of the crowds, his heart was moved with pity for them because they were troubled and abandoned"
With all our hearts from now on we celebrate the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and this is nothing other than what we ought to do since he has come, not just to us, but for us. As for the Lord, he has no need of good things from us: the greatness of the grace he ha shown us clearly manifests the depth of our need. We assess the gravity of a sickness by what it costs to heal it...

So we needed a Savior to come to us for the state in which we found ourselves rendered his presence indispensable. May the Savior come quickly, then! May he come to live in our midst by faith with all the wealth of his grace. May he come to draw us out of our blindness and free us from our infirmities, taking control of our weakness! If he is within us, who can lead us astray? If he is on our side, what can we not do in him who is our strength? (Phil 4,13). «If he is for us who can be against us?» (Rm 8,31). Jesus Christ is an unfailing advocate who can neither be deceived not deceive; he is a powerful helper whose strength can never be spent... He is the very wisdom of God, the very strength of God (1Cor 1,24)... So let us all run together to such a Master; in every undertaking implore this aid; in the midst of our struggles entrust ourselves to so certain a defender. If he has come into the world already it is to live in our midst, with us and for us.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-and-Emotions/133316206720969
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sun Dec 04 2011, 11:14

DAILY GOSPEL

Sunday, 04 December 2011

Second Sunday of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. John Damascus, Syrian monk and priest (c. 675-749), St. Barbara, Virgin and Martyr (3rd century)

Homily attributed to Saint Gregory the Wonderworker : "I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals"

Book of Isaiah 40:1-5.9-11
Comfort, give comfort to my people, says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her service is at an end, her guilt is expiated; Indeed, she has received from the hand of the LORD double for all her sins.
A voice cries out: In the desert prepare the way of the LORD! Make straight in the wasteland a highway for our God!
Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill shall be made low; The rugged land shall be made a plain, the rough country, a broad valley.
Then the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all mankind shall see it together; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
Go up onto a high mountain, Zion, herald of glad tidings; Cry out at the top of your voice, Jerusalem, herald of good news! Fear not to cry out and say to the cities of Judah: Here is your God!
Here comes with power the Lord GOD, who rules by his strong arm; Here is his reward with him, his recompense before him.
Like a shepherd he feeds his flock; in his arms he gathers the lambs, Carrying them in his bosom, and leading the ewes with care.

Psalms 85(84):9ab-10.11-12.13-14.
I will listen for the word of God; surely the LORD will proclaim peace To his people, to the faithful, to those who trust in him.
Near indeed is salvation for the loyal; prosperity will fill our land.
Love and truth will meet; justice and peace will kiss.
Truth will spring from the earth; justice will look down from heaven.

The LORD will surely grant abundance; our land will yield its increase.
Prosperity will march before the Lord, and good fortune will follow behind.

second Letter of Peter 3:8-14.
But do not ignore this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like one day.
The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard "delay," but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a mighty roar and the elements will be dissolved by fire, and the earth and everything done on it will be found out.
Since everything is to be dissolved in this way, what sort of persons ought (you) to be, conducting yourselves in holiness and devotion,
waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved in flames and the elements melted by fire.
But according to his promise we await new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.
Therefore, beloved, since you await these things, be eager to be found without spot or blemish before him, at peace.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Mark 1:1-8.
The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ (the Son of God).
As it is written in Isaiah the prophet: "Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you; he will prepare your way.
A voice of one crying out in the desert: 'Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths.'"
John (the) Baptist appeared in the desert proclaiming a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.
People of the whole Judean countryside and all the inhabitants of Jerusalem were going out to him and were being baptized by him in the Jordan River as they acknowledged their sins.
John was clothed in camel's hair, with a leather belt around his waist. He fed on locusts and wild honey.
And this is what he proclaimed: "One mightier than I is coming after me. I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals.
I have baptized you with water; he will baptize you with the holy Spirit."

Commentary of the day :

Homily attributed to Saint Gregory the Wonderworker (c.213-270), Bishop
Sermons on the holy Theophany, 4 ; PG 10, 1181 (©Friends of Henry Ashworth)

"I am not worthy to stoop and loosen the thongs of his sandals"
[Jesus came to John to be baptized by him. John tried to prevent him, saying: "I need to be baptized by you, and yet you are coming to me?" (Mt 3,13-14)]«I am the voice, the voice crying in the wilderness: Prepare the way for the Lord.» So I cannot be silent, Lord, in your presence. I «need to be baptized by you, and do come to me?»... You existed from the beginning, you were with God and you were God (Jn 1,1). You are the radiance the Father's glory, the perfect image of the perfect Father (Heb 1,3). You are the true light enlightening every person who comes into the world (Jn 1,9). You were in the world yet you have come to where you were already. You have become flesh, but you have not been changed into flesh. You have lived among us, appearing to your servants in the likeness of a servant (Jn 1,14; 14,23; Phil 2,7). You by your holy name have bridged heaven and earth, and do you come to me? You, so great, to such as I? King to herald, master to servant?...

I know the distance between the earth and the Creator, between the clay and the potter. I know how far I, a lamp lit by your grace, am outshone by you, the Sun of Righteousness (Mal 3,20; Jn 5,35). You are concealed by the pure cloud of your body, but I still recognize your sovereignty. I acknowledge my servile condition; I proclaim your greatness. I admit your absolute authority, and my own lowly estate. «I am unworthy to undo the strap of your sandal»; how then could I dare to touch your immaculate head? How could I stretch out my hand over you, who «stretched out the heavens like a tent», and «set the earth upon the waters» (Pss. 104[103],2; 136[135],6)?... Surely it is not for me to pray over you, for you are the one who receives the prayers even of those who have no knowledge of you.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Mon Dec 05 2011, 11:09

DAILY GOSPEL

Monday, 05 December 2011

Monday of the Second week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Sabas, Abbot (439-532)

See commentary below or click here
Saint Gregory of Agrigente : "We have seen incredible things today"

Book of Isaiah 35:1-10.

The desert and the parched land will exult; the steppe will rejoice and bloom.
They will bloom with abundant flowers, and rejoice with joyful song. The glory of Lebanon will be given to them, the splendor of Carmel and Sharon; They will see the glory of the LORD, the splendor of our God.
Strengthen the hands that are feeble, make firm the knees that are weak,
Say to those whose hearts are frightened: Be strong, fear not! Here is your God, he comes with vindication; With divine recompense he comes to save you.
Then will the eyes of the blind be opened, the ears of the deaf be cleared;
Then will the lame leap like a stag, then the tongue of the dumb will sing. Streams will burst forth in the desert, and rivers in the steppe.
The burning sands will become pools, and the thirsty ground, springs of water; The abode where jackals lurk will be a marsh for the reed and papyrus.
A highway will be there, called the holy way; No one unclean may pass over it, nor fools go astray on it.
No lion will be there, nor beast of prey go up to be met upon it. It is for those with a journey to make, and on it the redeemed will walk.
Those whom the LORD has ransomed will return and enter Zion singing, crowned with everlasting joy; They will meet with joy and gladness, sorrow and mourning will flee.

I will listen for the word of God; surely the LORD will proclaim peace To his people, to the faithful, to those who trust in him.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 5:17-26.
One day as Jesus was teaching, Pharisees and teachers of the law were sitting there who had come from every village of Galilee and Judea and Jerusalem, and the power of the Lord was with him for healing.
And some men brought on a stretcher a man who was paralyzed; they were trying to bring him in and set (him) in his presence.
But not finding a way to bring him in because of the crowd, they went up on the roof and lowered him on the stretcher through the tiles into the middle in front of Jesus.
When he saw their faith, he said, "As for you, your sins are forgiven."
Then the scribes and Pharisees began to ask themselves, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who but God alone can forgive sins?"
Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them in reply, "What are you thinking in your hearts?
Which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven,' or to say, 'Rise and walk'?
But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins''--he said to the man who was paralyzed, "I say to you, rise, pick up your stretcher, and go home."
He stood up immediately before them, picked up what he had been lying on, and went home, glorifying God.
Then astonishment seized them all and they glorified God, and, struck with awe, they said, "We have seen incredible things today."

Commentary of the day :

Saint Gregory of Agrigente (c.559-594), Bishop
On Ecclesiastes, book 10, 2 ; PG 98, 1138

"We have seen incredible things today"
Light is sweet and it is good to see the sun with these eyes of flesh...; that is why Moses said: «And God saw the light and he said that it was good» (Gn 1,4)...

But how good it is for us to reflect on the great, the true and unchanging light «that enlightens everyone coming into the world» (Jn 1,9), namely Christ, the world's Savior and redeemer. Having disclosed himself before the eyes of the prophets, he became man and entered into the lowest depths of human existence. It is of him that the prophet David spoke: «Chant praise to God's name. Prepare a way for him who rises towards the west, whose name is the Lord; exult in his presence» (cf. Ps 68[67],5 Vg.). And Isaiah, too, cried out: «People who sit in darkness, behold this light. For you who dwell in the land of the shadow of death, a light will shine» (cf. 9,1)...

And so the light of the sun that is seen by these eyes of flesh makes known the spiritual Sun of Righteousness (Ml 3,20), the sweetest of all to rise on those who have the happiness of being taught by him and seeing him with their fleshly eyes when he dwelt among us like any ordinary man. Nevertheless, he was not just an ordinary man in that he was born true God, able to give back sight to the blind, cause the lame to walk, enable the deaf to hear, cleanse lepers and restore the dead to life by his word (Lk 7,22).

Back to top Go down
jhofrance
Magiting ng Konek
Magiting ng Konek

Date Joined : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Mon Dec 05 2011, 11:28

Praise God.. Thank you for his words... smile
Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Tue Dec 06 2011, 11:03

DAILY GOSPEL

Tuesday, 06 December 2011

Tuesday of the Second week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Nicholas of Bari († 342)

Saint Basil of Seleucia : "He rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray"

Book of Isaiah 40:1-11.

Comfort, give comfort to my people, says your God.
Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her service is at an end, her guilt is expiated; Indeed, she has received from the hand of the LORD double for all her sins.
A voice cries out: In the desert prepare the way of the LORD! Make straight in the wasteland a highway for our God!
Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill shall be made low; The rugged land shall be made a plain, the rough country, a broad valley.
Then the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all mankind shall see it together; for the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
A voice says, "Cry out!" I answer, "What shall I cry out?" "All mankind is grass, and all their glory like the flower of the field.
The grass withers, the flower wilts, when the breath of the LORD blows upon it. (So then, the people is the grass.)
Though the grass withers and the flower wilts, the word of our God stands forever."
Go up onto a high mountain, Zion, herald of glad tidings; Cry out at the top of your voice, Jerusalem, herald of good news! Fear not to cry out and say to the cities of Judah: Here is your God!
Here comes with power the Lord GOD, who rules by his strong arm; Here is his reward with him, his recompense before him.
Like a shepherd he feeds his flock; in his arms he gathers the lambs, Carrying them in his bosom, and leading the ewes with care.

Psalms 96(95):1-2.3.10ac.11-12.13.
Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth.
Sing to the LORD, bless his name; announce his salvation day after day.
Tell God's glory among the nations; among all peoples, God's marvelous deeds.
say among the nations: The LORD is king. The world will surely stand fast, never to be moved. God rules the peoples with fairness.

Let the heavens be glad and the earth rejoice; let the sea and what fills it resound;
let the plains be joyful and all that is in them. Then let all the trees of the forest rejoice
before the LORD who comes, who comes to govern the earth, To govern the world with justice and the peoples with faithfulness.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 18:12-14.
What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray?
And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray.
In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Basil of Seleucia (?-c.468), bishop
Sermon 26, on the Good Shepherd ; PG 85, 299

"He rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray"
Let us consider Christ, our shepherd; let us look at his love for us and his gentleness in leading us to pasture. He delights in the sheep around him even as he seeks for the ones that stray. Hills and forests are no obstacle to him; he runs into the valley of darkness, down to where the lost sheep is to be found. When he finds it to be sick he does not cast it aside but heals it; taking it on his shoulders, he tends the weary sheep with his own weariness. His exhaustion makes him happy because he has found the lost sheep and this cures him of his suffering. «Which of you,» he says, «having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them does not leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness to go after the one that was lost until he finds it?»

The loss of a single sheep disturbs the happiness of the gathered flock but the joy of finding it again casts this sadness out: «When he finds it... he calls together his friends and neighbors and says to them, 'Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep'» (lk 15,5-6). This is the reason why Christ – who is this shepherd – said: «I am the good shepherd» (Jn 10,11). «The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal» (Ex 34,16).

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Wed Dec 07 2011, 11:03

DAILY GOSPEL

Wednesday, 07 December 2011

Wednesday of the Second week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Ambrose, Bishop and Doctor of the Church - Memorial

Peter of Celle : Lamb of God, gentle and humble of heart

Book of Isaiah 40:25-31.

To whom can you liken me as an equal? says the Holy One.
Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these: He leads out their army and numbers them, calling them all by name. By his great might and the strength of his power not one of them is missing!
Why, O Jacob, do you say, and declare, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD, and my right is disregarded by my God"?
Do you not know or have you not heard? The LORD is the eternal God, creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint nor grow weary, and his knowledge is beyond scrutiny.
He gives strength to the fainting; for the weak he makes vigor abound.
Though young men faint and grow weary, and youths stagger and fall,
They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength, they will soar as with eagles' wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.

Psalms 103(102):1-2.3-4.8.10.
Of David. Bless the LORD, my soul; all my being, bless his holy name!
Bless the LORD, my soul; do not forget all the gifts of God,
Who pardons all your sins, heals all your ills,
Delivers your life from the pit, surrounds you with love and compassion,

Merciful and gracious is the LORD, slow to anger, abounding in kindness.
Has not dealt with us as our sins merit, nor requited us as our deeds deserve.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 11:28-30.
Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light."

Commentary of the day :

Peter of Celle (c.1115-1183), monk then Bishop
3rd sermon of Advent

Lamb of God, gentle and humble of heart
Lord, send us the Lamb, for it is the lamb, not the lion, we need (Rv 5,5-6). The lamb that does not grow angry and whose gentleness is never ruffled; the lamb that will give us its wool white as snow to warm what is cold in us and cover what is bare; the lamb that will give us its flesh to eat lest we perish on the way for lack of strength (Jn 6,51; Mt 15,32).

Send it full of wisdom for, in its divine prudence, it will overcome the spirit of pride; send it full of might, for it is said that «The Lord is mighty and valiant» (Ps 24[23],8); send it full of gentleness, for «it will descend like dew upon the fleece» (Ps 72[71],6 Vg.); send it like a sacrificial victim, for it is to be sold and sacrificed for our redemption (Mt 26,15; Jn 19,36; Ex 12,46); send it, not to destroy sinners, since it is coming «to call them and not the just» (Mt 9,13); finally, send it «worthy to receive power and honor, worthy to break open the seven seals of the bound scroll» (cf. Rv 4,11; 5,9), namely the inexpressible mystery of the incarnation.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Thu Dec 08 2011, 00:45

DAILY GOSPEL

Thursday, 08 December 2011

The Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary - Solemnity

Feast of the Church : Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary
Saint(s) of the day : St. Narcisa de Jesús Martillo Morán (1832-1869)

Eadmer : "Full of grace"

Book of Genesis 3:9-15.20.

The LORD God called to Adam and asked him, «Where are you?»
He answered, "I heard you in the garden; but I was afraid, because I was naked, so I hid myself."
Then he asked, "Who told you that you were naked? You have eaten, then, from the tree of which I had forbidden you to eat!"
The man replied, "The woman whom you put here with me--she gave me fruit from the tree, so I ate it."
The LORD God then asked the woman, "Why did you do such a thing?" The woman answered, "The serpent tricked me into it, so I ate it."
Then the LORD God said to the serpent: "Because you have done this, you shall be banned from all the animals and from all the wild creatures; On your belly shall you crawl, and dirt shall you eat all the days of your life.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; He will strike at your head, while you strike at his heel."
The man called his wife Eve, because she became the mother of all the living.

Psalms 98(97):1.2-3ab.3bc-4.
Sing a new song to the LORD, who has done marvelous deeds, Whose right hand and holy arm have won the victory.
The LORD has made his victory known; has revealed his triumph for the nations to see,
Has remembered faithful love toward the house of Israel. All the ends of the earth have seen the victory of our God.
Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth; break into song; sing praise.

Letter to the Ephesians 1:3-6.11-12.
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavens,
as he chose us in him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and without blemish before him. In love
he destined us for adoption to himself through Jesus Christ, in accord with the favor of his will,
for the praise of the glory of his grace that he granted us in the beloved.
In him we were also chosen, destined in accord with the purpose of the one who accomplishes all things according to the intention of his will,
so that we might exist for the praise of his glory, we who first hoped in Christ.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:26-38.
The angel Gabriel was sent from God to a town of Galilee called Nazareth,
to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary.
And coming to her, he said, "Hail, favored one! The Lord is with you."
But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus.
He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."
But Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?"
And the angel said to her in reply, "The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.
And behold, Elizabeth, your relative, has also conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month for her who was called barren;
for nothing will be impossible for God."
Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word." Then the angel departed from her.

Commentary of the day :

Eadmer (c.1064-1141), English monk
The Conception of Holy Mary

"Full of grace"
O Mary, Our Lady, the Lord has made you his own mother, so establishing you as mistress and queen of all the world. It is for this reason he formed you by the working of his Spirit from the first moment of your conception in your mother's womb. O Lady, this is what fills us with joy this day. And we ask you, most sweet Mary, prudent and noble queen, could we possibly set you alongside, or even below, other creatures?

True, the apostle of pure truth states that all men have sinned in Adam (Rm 5,12)... But when I consider the eminent quality of divine grace in you, I note how you are placed in an eminent way: apart from your son, you are above all other created things. And from this I conclude that, in your conception, you cannot have been bound by the same law of human nature as other human beings are. By the eminent grace granted to you, you remained completely free from stain of all sin. A singular grace and divine action unfathomable to the human mind!

Sin alone can distance humankind from God's peace. To take away this sin and bring humankind back to God's peace, the Son of God willed to become man but in such a way that nothing in him would in any way share in what was separating us from God. To realize this, it was fitting that his mother should be clean from all sin. For if not, how could our flesh have been so intimately united to supreme purity or man taken up into so great a union with God that all that belongs to God would belong to man and all that belongs to man belong to God?

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sat Dec 10 2011, 01:19

DAILY GOSPEL

Friday, 09 December 2011

Friday of the Second week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin (1474-1548), St. Leocadia, Virgin and Martyr († c. 304)

Saint Alphonsus Liguori : Responding to God's call to welcome the Saviour

Book of Isaiah 48:17-19.

Thus says the LORD, your redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: I, the LORD, your God, teach you what is for your good, and lead you on the way you should go.
If you would hearken to my commandments, your prosperity would be like a river, and your vindication like the waves of the sea;
Your descendants would be like the sand, and those born of your stock like its grains, Their name never cut off or blotted out from my presence.

Psalms 1:1-2.3.4.6.
Happy those who do not follow the counsel of the wicked, Nor go the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers.
Rather, the law of the LORD is their joy; God's law they study day and night.
They are like a tree planted near streams of water, that yields its fruit in season; Its leaves never wither; whatever they do prospers.
But not the wicked! They are like chaff driven by the wind.

The LORD watches over the way of the just, but the way of the wicked leads to ruin.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 11:16-19.
To what shall I compare this generation? It is like children who sit in marketplaces and call to one another,
'We played the flute for you, but you did not dance, we sang a dirge but you did not mourn.'
For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they said, 'He is possessed by a demon.'
The Son of Man came eating and drinking and they said, 'Look, he is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners.' But wisdom is vindicated by her works."

Commentary of the day :

Saint Alphonsus Liguori (1696-1787), Bishop and Doctor of the Church
1st Sermon for the Octave of Christmas

Responding to God's call to welcome the Saviour
«O Fire ever burning,» let us say together with Saint Augustine, «inflame our souls.» O incarnate Word, you became man to strike in our hearts the fire of divine love, how is it you should find in us such great ingratitude? You held nothing back to enable us to love you; you went as far as to sacrifice your blood and your life. What is the reason we humans remain unmoved by such great gifts? Is it because we know nothing about them? Not at all. People understand and believe it is for love of them you came down from heaven to put on human flesh and take on the burden of their woes. They know it is for love of them you willed to lead a life of constant suffering and undergo a shameful death. How explain, after all this, their living in such absolute forgetfulness of your unequalled kindness? They love their family, they love their friends, they even love their livestock...; it is for you alone they are without love and without gratitude! But what am I saying? In accusing others of ungratefulness, I condemn myself since my conduct in your regard is even worse than theirs. Nevertheless your mercy gives me courage. I know how long it has borne with me, to forgive me and set me on fire with your love if only I am willing to repent and love you.

Oh yes, my God, I want to repent...; I want to love you with all my heart. I well see how my heart... has abandoned you to love the things of this world, but I also see how, in spite of this betrayal, you yet claim it as your own. And so, with all the strength of my will, I consecrate it and offer it to you. Therefore, be pleased to inflame it wholly with your holy love and grant that from now on it may love no other thing but you... O my Jesus, I love you; I love you, my sovereign Good! I love you, sole love of my soul.

O Mary, my mother, you are the «mother of noble loving» (Sir 24,24 Vg.): grant me the grace of loving my God. It is from you that I hope to gain it.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sat Dec 10 2011, 17:51

DAILY GOSPEL

Saturday, 10 December 2011

Saturday of the Second week of Advent

Feast of the Church : Our Lady of Loretto
Saint(s) of the day : St. Eulalia, Virgin and Martyr († 304)

Aphrahat : "Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist"

Book of Sirach 48:1-4.9-11.

Till like a fire there appeared the prophet whose words were as a flaming furnace.
Their staff of bread he shattered, in his zeal he reduced them to straits;
By God's word he shut up the heavens and three times brought down fire.
How awesome are you, ELIJAH! Whose glory is equal to yours?
You were taken aloft in a whirlwind, in a chariot with fiery horses.
You are destined, it is written, in time to come to put an end to wrath before the day of the LORD, To turn back the hearts of fathers toward their sons, and to reestablish the tribes of Jacob.
Blessed is he who shall have seen you before he dies,

Psalms 80(79):2ac.3b.15-16.18-19.
Shepherd of Israel, listen, guide of the flock of Joseph! From your throne upon the cherubim reveal yourself
to Ephraim, Benjamin, and Manasseh. Stir up your power, come to save us.
Turn again, LORD of hosts; look down from heaven and see; Attend to this vine,
the shoot your right hand has planted.

May your help be with the man at your right hand, with the one whom you once made strong.
Then we will not withdraw from you; revive us, and we will call on your name.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 17:9a.10-13.
As they were coming down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, "Do not tell the vision to anyone until the Son of Man has been raised from the dead."
Then the disciples asked him, "Why do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?"
He said in reply, "Elijah will indeed come and restore all things;
but I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not recognize him but did to him whatever they pleased. So also will the Son of Man suffer at their hands."
Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist.

Commentary of the day :

Aphrahat (?-c.345), monk and Bishop near Mosul, saint of the Orthodox churches
The Demonstrations, no. 6, 13

"Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist"
Our Lord bore witness that John is the greatest of the prophets, yet he received the Spirit according to a certain degree since John received a spirit like that of Elijah.

Just as Elijah went to dwell in solitude so God's Spirit led John to dwell in the wilderness, mountains and caves. A raven flew to Elijah's help by feeding him; John ate locusts. Elijah wore a leather belt and John wore a leather loincloth round his hips. Elijah was persecuted by Jezebel; Herodias persecuted John. Elijah rebuked Ahab; John rebuked Herod. Elijah divided the waters of the Jordan; John opened up baptism. Elijah's double measure of spirit came to rest on Elisha; John placed his hands on our Lord, who then received the Spirit without measure (Jn 3,34). Elijah opened heaven and went up; John saw the heavens opened and the Spirit of God descending and resting on our Savior.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sun Dec 11 2011, 10:54

DAILY GOSPEL

Sunday, 11 December 2011

Third Sunday of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Damasus I, Pope († 384), St. María Maravillas de Jesús (1891-1974)

Saint Gregory the Great : "There is one among you whom you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me"

Book of Isaiah 61:1-2a.10-11.

The spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me; He has sent me to bring glad tidings to the lowly, to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives and release to the prisoners,
To announce a year of favor from the LORD and a day of vindication by our God, to comfort all who mourn;
I rejoice heartily in the LORD, in my God is the joy of my soul; For he has clothed me with a robe of salvation, and wrapped me in a mantle of justice, Like a bridegroom adorned with a diadem, like a bride bedecked with her jewels.
As the earth brings forth its plants, and a garden makes its growth spring up, So will the Lord GOD make justice and praise spring up before all the nations.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:46-48.49-50.53-54.
And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.
For he has looked upon his handmaid's lowliness; behold, from now on will all ages call me blessed.
The Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.
His mercy is from age to age to those who fear him.
The hungry he has filled with good things; the rich he has sent away empty.
He has helped Israel his servant, remembering his mercy,

First Letter to the Thessalonians 5:16-24.
Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not quench the Spirit.
Do not despise prophetic utterances.
Test everything; retain what is good.
Refrain from every kind of evil.
May the God of peace himself make you perfectly holy and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body, be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The one who calls you is faithful, and he will also accomplish it.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 1:6-8.19-28.
A man named John was sent from God.
He came for testimony, to testify to the light, so that all might believe through him.
He was not the light, but came to testify to the light.
And this is the testimony of John. When the Jews from Jerusalem sent priests and Levites (to him) to ask him, "Who are you?"
he admitted and did not deny it, but admitted, "I am not the Messiah."
So they asked him, "What are you then? Are you Elijah?" And he said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" He answered, "No."
So they said to him, "Who are you, so we can give an answer to those who sent us? What do you have to say for yourself?"
He said: "I am 'the voice of one crying out in the desert, "Make straight the way of the Lord,"' as Isaiah the prophet said."
Some Pharisees were also sent.
They asked him, "Why then do you baptize if you are not the Messiah or Elijah or the Prophet?"
John answered them, "I baptize with water; but there is one among you whom you do not recognize,
the one who is coming after me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to untie."
This happened in Bethany across the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Gregory the Great (c.540-604), Pope, Doctor of the Church
Homilies on the Gospel, no. 4 (Migne no. 7; trans. ©Cistercian Fathers series)

"There is one among you whom you do not recognize, the one who is coming after me"
"I bap­tize with water, but among you stands one whom you do not know." John did not baptize with the Spirit, but with water, since he was unable to take away the sins of those being bap­tized. He washed their bodies with water, but not their hearts with pardon. Why did one whose baptism did not forgive sins baptize, except that he was observing his vo­cation as forerunner? He whose birth foreshadowed a greater birth, by his baptizing foreshadowed the Lord who would truly baptize; he whose preaching made him the forerun­ner of Christ, by baptizing also became his forerunner, us­ing a symbol of the future sacrament.

With these other mysteries he makes known the mystery of our Redeemer, declaring that he has stood among men and not been known. The Lord appeared in a human body: he came as God in flesh, visible in his body, invisible in his majesty. He goes on to say about him: "He who comes after me was made before me" (Jn 1,15)...; he revealed the reason for this precedence when he said: "because he was before me." He means, "Even though he was born after me, he surpasses me in that the time of his birth does not limit him. He who is born from his mother in time was begotten of his Father before time."

John reveals the great humility and reverence he owes Christ by saying: "I am not worthy to undo the strap of his san­dal." It was the custom among the ancients that if someone was unwilling to take the wife he should be taking, he who should have come to her as bridegroom by right of relation­ship would undo his sandal. How did Christ appear among men if not as the bridegroom of holy Church?... But since peo­ple considered John the Christ, a fact which he denied, he was right to declare his unworthiness to undo the strap of Christ's sandal. It is as if he was saying...: "I am not unrightfully usurping for myself the name of bridegroom" (cf. Jn 3,29).

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Mon Dec 12 2011, 11:38

DAILY GOSPEL

Monday, 12 December 2011

Our Lady of Guadalupe - Feast

Feast of the Church : In America: Our Lady of Guadalupe – FeastOut of America: Monday of the Third week of Advent
Saint(s) of the day : St. Valery, Abbot (565-622), St. Finian, Bishop († c. 549)

Saint John Damascene : «Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?»

Book of Zechariah 2:14-17.

Sing and rejoice, O daughter Zion! See, I am coming to dwell among you, says the LORD.
Many nations shall join themselves to the LORD on that day, and they shall be his people, and he will dwell among you, and you shall know that the LORD of hosts has sent me to you.
The LORD will possess Judah as his portion of the holy land, and he will again choose Jerusalem.
Silence, all mankind, in the presence of the LORD! for he stirs forth from his holy dwelling.

Book of Judith 13:18b.19.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:39-47.
During those days Mary set out and traveled to the hill country in haste to a town of Judah,
where she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth.
When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the infant leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said, "Most blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.
Blessed are you who believed that what was spoken to you by the Lord would be fulfilled."
And Mary said: "My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord;
my spirit rejoices in God my savior.

Commentary of the day :

Saint John Damascene (c.675-749), monk, theologian, Doctor of the Church
1st Sermon on the Dormition

«Who am I that the mother of my Lord should come to me?»
«Blest are you among women and blest is the fruit of your womb...» For all generations will call you blest, as you said (Lk 1:48). The daughters of Jerusalem, that is to say, the Church, saw you and proclaimed your happiness... For you are the royal throne near which the angels stood contemplating their Master and Creator, who was seated on it (Dan 7:9). You have become the spiritual Eden, more sacred and more divine than the former one. The earthly Adam lived in the former; in you lives the Lord who came from heaven (1 Cor 15:47). Noah's ark was a prefiguration of you; it saved the seed of the second creation, for you gave birth to Christ, the world's salvation, who submerged sin and pacified the floods.

It was you whom the burning bush described ahead of time, whom the tables depicted, on which God wrote (Ex 31:18), which the ark of the covenant told about; it is you whom the golden urn, the candelabra... and Aaron's staff that blossomed (Num 17:23) obviously prefigured... I almost left out Jacob's ladder. Just as Jacob saw heaven united with the earth by means of the two ends of the ladder, and the angels descending and ascending on it, and as the one who is really the strong and invincible one engaged in a symbolic struggle with him, thus you yourself became the mediator and ladder by which God came down to us and took upon himself the weakness of our substance, embracing it and closely uniting it to him.

Back to top Go down
jhofrance
Magiting ng Konek
Magiting ng Konek

Date Joined : 2011-11-17

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Mon Dec 12 2011, 13:08

smile another word of God..
Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Tue Dec 13 2011, 11:15

DAILY GOSPEL

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Tuesday of the Third week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Lucy, Virgin and Martyr († c. 304)

Saint Peter Chrysologus : "John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him"

Book of Zephaniah 3:1-2.9-13.

Woe to the city, rebellious and polluted, to the tyrannical city!
She hears no voice, accepts no correction; In the LORD she has not trusted, to her God she has not drawn near.
For then I will change and purify the lips of the peoples, That they all may call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one accord;
From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia and as far as the recesses of the North, they shall bring me offerings.
On that day You need not be ashamed of all your deeds, your rebellious actions against me; For then will I remove from your midst the proud braggarts, And you shall no longer exalt yourself on my holy mountain.
But I will leave as a remnant in your midst a people humble and lowly, Who shall take refuge in the name of the LORD;
the remnant of Israel. They shall do no wrong and speak no lies; Nor shall there be found in their mouths a deceitful tongue; They shall pasture and couch their flocks with none to disturb them.

Psalms 34(33):2-3.6-7.17-18.19.23.
I will bless the LORD at all times; praise shall be always in my mouth.
My soul will glory in the LORD that the poor may hear and be glad.
Look to God that you may be radiant with joy and your faces may not blush for shame.
In my misfortune I called, the LORD heard and saved me from all distress.

The LORD'S face is against evildoers to wipe out their memory from the earth.
When the just cry out, the LORD hears and rescues them from all distress.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed.
The LORD redeems loyal servants; no one is condemned whose refuge is God.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 21:28-32.
What is your opinion? A man had two sons. He came to the first and said, 'Son, go out and work in the vineyard today.'
He said in reply, 'I will not,' but afterwards he changed his mind and went.
The man came to the other son and gave the same order. He said in reply, 'Yes, sir,' but did not go.
Which of the two did his father's will?" They answered, "The first." Jesus said to them, "Amen, I say to you, tax collectors and prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God before you.
When John came to you in the way of righteousness, you did not believe him; but tax collectors and prostitutes did. Yet even when you saw that, you did not later change your minds and believe him.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Peter Chrysologus (c.406-450), Bishop of Ravenna, Doctor of the Church
Sermon 167 ; CCL 248, 1025, PL 52, 636

"John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him"
John the Baptist is teaching in both word and deed. A true teacher, he shows by example what he describes in speech. Knowledge makes the teacher but action bestows authority... To teach by doing is the only rule followed by one who wants to give instruction, for instructing by words is knowledge but, when it passes on into deeds, then it is virtue. Therefore that knowledge is genuine that is combined with virtue: this, and this alone, is divine rather than human...

«In those days John the Baptist appeared, preaching in the desert of Judea and saying: 'Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!'» «Repent». Why did he not rather say: «Rejoice»? «Rejoice, rather, because what is human gives way to what is divine, what is earthly to what is heavenly, what is temporal to what is eternal, what is evil to what is good, what is unsure to what is certain, sadness to happiness, what is perishable to those things that endure for ever. The Kingdom of heaven is close at hand. Repent!» Let your behavior as one who has converted be manifest. You who preferred what is human to what is divine, who desired to be the world's slave rather than to conquer the world along with the world's Lord: repent. You who fled the freedom that virtue would have won for you because you wished to take on the yoke of sin: repent. Repent in earnest, you who, for fear of possessing Life, have given yourself up to death.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Wed Dec 14 2011, 10:44

DAILY GOSPEL

Wednesday, 14 December 2011

Wednesday of the Third week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. John of the Cross, Doctor of the Church (1542-1591)

Blessed John-Paul II: "The poor have the good news proclaimed to them"

Book of Isaiah 45:6b-8.18.21b-25.

so that toward the rising and the setting of the sun men may know that there is none besides me. I am the LORD, there is no other;
I form the light, and create the darkness, I make well-being and create woe; I, the LORD, do all these things.
Let justice descend, O heavens, like dew from above, like gentle rain let the skies drop it down. Let the earth open and salvation bud forth; let justice also spring up! I, the LORD, have created this.
For thus says the LORD, The creator of the heavens, who is God, The designer and maker of the earth who established it, Not creating it to be a waste, but designing it to be lived in: I am the LORD, and there is no other.
Come here and declare in counsel together: Who announced this from the beginning and foretold it from of old? Was it not I, the LORD, besides whom there is no other God? There is no just and saving God but me.
Turn to me and be safe, all you ends of the earth, for I am God; there is no other!
By myself I swear, uttering my just decree and my unalterable word: To me every knee shall bend; by me every tongue shall swear,
Saying, "Only in the LORD are just deeds and power. Before him in shame shall come all who vent their anger against him.
In the LORD shall be the vindication and the glory of all the descendants of Israel."

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7:18b.19-23.
The disciples of John told him about all these things. John summoned two of his disciples
and sent them to the Lord to ask, "Are you the one who is to come, or should we look for another?"
When the men came to him, they said, "John the Baptist has sent us to you to ask, 'Are you the one who is to come, or should we look for another?'"
At that time he cured many of their diseases, sufferings, and evil spirits; he also granted sight to many who were blind.
And he said to them in reply, "Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind regain their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, the poor have the good news proclaimed to them.
And blessed is the one who takes no offense at me."

Commentary of the day :

Blessed John-Paul II, Pope from 1978 to 2005
Encyclical « Dives in Misericordia » § 3 (trans. © copyright Libreria Editrice Vaticana)

"The poor have the good news proclaimed to them"
Before His own townspeople, in Nazareth, Christ refers to the words of the prophet Isaiah: "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord" (Lk 4,18-19)... By these actions and words Christ makes the Father present among men. It is very significant that the people in question are especially the poor, those without means of subsistence, those deprived of their freedom, the blind who cannot see the beauty of creation, those living with broken hearts, or suffering from social injustice, and finally sinners. It is especially for these last that the Messiah becomes a particularly clear sign of God who is love, a sign of the Father...

It is significant that, when the messengers sent by John the Baptist came to Jesus to ask Him: "Are you he who is to come, or shall we look for another?", He answered by referring to the same testimony with which He had begun His teaching at Nazareth: "Go and tell John what it is that you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them." He then ended with the words: "And blessed is he who takes no offense at me."

Especially through His lifestyle and through His actions, Jesus revealed that love is present in the world in which we live - an effective love, a love that addresses itself to man and embraces everything that makes up his humanity. This love makes itself particularly noticed in contact with suffering, injustice and poverty - in contact with the whole historical "human condition"... with man's limitation and frailty, both physical and moral. It is precisely the mode and sphere in which love manifests itself that in biblical language is called "mercy." Christ, then, reveals God who is Father, who is "love," as St. John will express it in his first letter (4,16); Christ reveals God as "rich in mercy" (Eph 2,4).

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Thu Dec 15 2011, 11:05

DAILY GOSPEL

Thursday, 15 December 2011

Thursday of the Third week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Virginia Centurione Bracelli (1587-1651)

Saint Ephrem : "Yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he"

Book of Isaiah 54:1-10.

Raise a glad cry, you barren one who did not bear, break forth in jubilant song, you who were not in labor, For more numerous are the children of the deserted wife than the children of her who has a husband, says the LORD.
Enlarge the space for your tent, spread out your tent cloths unsparingly; lengthen your ropes and make firm your stakes.
For you shall spread abroad to the right and to the left; Your descendants shall dispossess the nations and shall people the desolate cities.
Fear not, you shall not be put to shame; you need not blush, for you shall not be disgraced. The shame of your youth you shall forget, the reproach of your widowhood no longer remember.
For he who has become your husband is your Maker; his name is the LORD of hosts; Your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, called God of all the earth.
The LORD calls you back, like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, A wife married in youth and then cast off, says your God.
For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great tenderness I will take you back.
In an outburst of wrath, for a moment I hid my face from you; But with enduring love I take pity on you, says the LORD, your redeemer.
This is for me like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah should never again deluge the earth; So I have sworn not to be angry with you, or to rebuke you.
Though the mountains leave their place and the hills be shaken, My love shall never leave you nor my covenant of peace be shaken, says the LORD, who has mercy on you.

Psalms 30(29):2.4.5-6.11-12a.13b.
I praise you, LORD, for you raised me up and did not let my enemies rejoice over me.
LORD, you brought me up from Sheol; you kept me from going down to the pit.
Sing praise to the LORD, you faithful; give thanks to God's holy name.
For divine anger lasts but a moment; divine favor lasts a lifetime. At dusk weeping comes for the night; but at dawn there is rejoicing.

Hear, O LORD, have mercy on me; LORD, be my helper."
You changed my mourning into dancing; you took off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness.
With my whole being I sing endless praise to you. O LORD, my God, forever will I give you thanks.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 7:24-30.
When the messengers of John had left, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John. "What did you go out to the desert to see--a reed swayed by the wind?
Then what did you go out to see? Someone dressed in fine garments? Those who dress luxuriously and live sumptuously are found in royal palaces.
Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet.
This is the one about whom scripture says: 'Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, he will prepare your way before you.'
I tell you, among those born of women, no one is greater than John; yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he."
(All the people who listened, including the tax collectors, and who were baptized with the baptism of John, acknowledged the righteousness of God;
but the Pharisees and scholars of the law, who were not baptized by him, rejected the plan of God for themselves.)

Commentary of the day :

Saint Ephrem (c.306-373), Deacon in Syria, Doctor of the Church
Commentary on the Diatessaron, 9, 7-13 ; SC 121

"Yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he"
«Of all that are born of women, none is greater than John.»
Were all the saints - righteous, upright and wise – joined together and dwelling within a single man, they would not be able to equal John the Baptist... of whom it has been said that he surpasses by far all other men and belongs to the class of angels (Mk 1,2 Gk; Mal 3,1 Heb.).

«But the least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than he»... By what he has said concerning John's greatness our Lord wanted to make known God's immense generosity to us and his generosity towards his chosen ones. However great and famous John might be it is less than the least in the kingdom, as the apostle Paul said: «Our knowledge is in part... but when what is perfect has come, what is in part will pass away» (1Cor 13,9-10). Yes, John is great – he who had the presentiment to say: «Behold, the Lamb of God» (Jn 1,29) – but this greatness is no more than a tiny foretaste compared to the glory to be revealed to those who are found worthy. To put it another way: all great and wonderful things here below appear in all their smallness and insignificance compared to the blessedness above...

John was found worthy of the great gifts of this life: prophecy, priesthood (cf. Lk 1,5) and righteousness... John is greater than Moses and the prophets yet the old Law has need of the New Covenant since he who is greater than the prophets said to the Lord: «I need to be baptized by you» (Mt 3,14). John is great, too, because his conception was announced by an angel, his birth was surrounded with miracles, he announced the One who bestows life, he baptized for the remission of sins... Moses led the people as far as the Jordan and the Law led humankind to the baptism of John. Yet if «of all that are born of women none is greater than John», the Lord's forerunner, how much greater must they be whose feet the Lord washed and into whom he breathed his Spirit? (Jn 13,4; 20,22).

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sat Dec 17 2011, 11:08

DAILY GOSPEL

Friday, 16 December 2011

Friday of the Third week of Advent

Saint(s) of the day : St. Eusebius, Bishop († c. 371)

See commentary below or click here
Saint Maximus of Turin : « I have prepared a lamp for my Anointed» (Ps 132[131],17)

Book of Isaiah 56:1-3a.6-8.

Thus says the LORD: Observe what is right, do what is just; for my salvation is about to come, my justice, about to be revealed.
Happy is the man who does this, the son of man who holds to it; Who keeps the sabbath free from profanation, and his hand from any evildoing.
Let not the foreigner say, when he would join himself to the LORD, "The LORD will surely exclude me from his people"; Nor let the eunuch say, "See, I am a dry tree."
And the foreigners who join themselves to the LORD, ministering to him, Loving the name of the LORD, and becoming his servants-- All who keep the sabbath free from profanation and hold to my covenant,
Them I will bring to my holy mountain and make joyful in my house of prayer; Their holocausts and sacrifices will be acceptable on my altar, For my house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.
Thus says the Lord GOD, who gathers the dispersed of Israel: Others will I gather to him besides those already gathered.

Psalms 67(66):2-3.5.7-8.
May God be gracious to us and bless us; may God's face shine upon us. Selah
So shall your rule be known upon the earth, your saving power among all the nations.
May the nations be glad and shout for joy; for you govern the peoples justly, you guide the nations upon the earth. Selah
The earth has yielded its harvest; God, our God, blesses us.

May God bless us still; that the ends of the earth may revere our God.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint John 5:33-36.
You sent emissaries to John, and he testified to the truth.
I do not accept testimony from a human being, but I say this so that you may be saved.
He was a burning and shining lamp, and for a while you were content to rejoice in his light.
But I have testimony greater than John's. The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Maximus of Turin (?-c.420), Bishop
CC Sermon 62, 261f. ; PL 57, 537

« I have prepared a lamp for my Anointed» (Ps 132[131],17)
When the whole universe was overshadowed by the darkness of the devil and sin's gloom dominated the world, a new sun, Christ our Lord, willed in these last days, when night was nearly over, to shine forth the first rays of a new day. But before this light appeared, that is to say before the «sun of righteousness» (Mal 3,20) arose, God had already announced it like a first gleam through his prophets: «I sent my prophets before the light» (Jr 7,25 Vg.). Later, Christ himself put forth his rays – that is to say, his apostles - to make his light shine out and fill the universe with his truth so that none might be lost in darkness...

But so as to finish doing our necessary tasks before the sun of this world arises, we mortals anticipate the light with our lamps. Likewise Christ the sun also has his lamp to precede his coming, as the prophet says: «I have prepared a lamp for my Anointed» (Ps 132[131],17). And Our Lord shows us what this lamp is when he says with regard to John the Baptist: «He was a burning, shining light.» And John himself said, as though he were the feeble glimmering of a lantern being carried on ahead: «But one is coming who is stronger than I and I am not worthy to undo his sandal strap. He will baptize you in the Holy Spirit and in fire» (Lk 3,16). And at the same time, knowing that his light was to be eclipsed by the sun's rays, he prophesied: «He must increase; I must decrease» (Jn 3,30). Indeed, just as the glow of a lantern fades away at the coming of the sun, so the baptism of repentance preached by John faded before the coming of the grace of Christ.

Last edited by elyn on Sat Dec 17 2011, 11:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sat Dec 17 2011, 11:08

DAILY GOSPEL

Saturday, 17 December 2011

17 December

Feast of the Church : The Great O Antiphons: "O Sapientia"
Saint(s) of the day : St. Olympias, Widow († c. 410)

Saint Leo the Great : «Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ... he chose us in him before the foundation of the world» (Eph 1,3-4)

Book of Genesis 49:2.8-10.

"Assemble and listen, sons of Jacob, listen to Israel, your father.
"You, Judah, shall your brothers praise --your hand on the neck of your enemies; the sons of your father shall bow down to you.
Judah, like a lion's whelp, you have grown up on prey, my son. He crouches like a lion recumbent, the king of beasts--who would dare rouse him?
The scepter shall never depart from Judah, or the mace from between his legs, While tribute is brought to him, and he receives the people's homage.

Psalms 72(71):3-4ab.7-8.17.
That the mountains may yield their bounty for the people, and the hills great abundance,
That he may defend the oppressed among the people, save the poor and crush the oppressor.
That abundance may flourish in his days, great bounty, till the moon be no more.
May he rule from sea to sea, from the river to the ends of the earth.

May his name be blessed forever; as long as the sun, may his name endure. May the tribes of the earth give blessings with his name; may all the nations regard him as favored.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Matthew 1:1-17.
The Book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.
Abraham became the father of Isaac, Isaac the father of Jacob, Jacob the father of Judah and his brothers.
Judah became the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar. Perez became the father of Hezron, Hezron the father of Ram,
Ram the father of Amminadab. Amminadab became the father of Nahshon, Nahshon the father of Salmon,
Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab. Boaz became the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth. Obed became the father of Jesse,
Jesse the father of David the king. David became the father of Solomon, whose mother had been the wife of Uriah.
Solomon became the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, Abijah the father of Asaph.
Asaph became the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of Joram, Joram the father of Uzziah.
Uzziah became the father of Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, Ahaz the father of Hezekiah.
Hezekiah became the father of Manasseh, Manasseh the father of Amos, Amos the father of Josiah.
Josiah became the father of Jechoniah and his brothers at the time of the Babylonian exile.
After the Babylonian exile, Jechoniah became the father of Shealtiel, Shealtiel the father of Zerubbabel,
Zerubbabel the father of Abiud. Abiud became the father of Eliakim, Eliakim the father of Azor,
Azor the father of Zadok. Zadok became the father of Achim, Achim the father of Eliud,
Eliud the father of Eleazar. Eleazar became the father of Matthan, Matthan the father of Jacob,
Jacob the father of Joseph, the husband of Mary. Of her was born Jesus who is called the Messiah.
Thus the total number of generations from Abraham to David is fourteen generations; from David to the Babylonian exile, fourteen generations; from the Babylonian exile to the Messiah, fourteen generations.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Leo the Great (?-c.461), Pope and Doctor of the Church
3rd sermon on the Feast of the Nativity, 4-5 ; SC 22 bis (trans. cf. Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers)

«Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ... he chose us in him before the foundation of the world» (Eph 1,3-4)
The Incarnation of the Word only con­tributed to the doing of those things that were done: and the mystery of humankind's salvation was never, even in the remotest age, at a standstill. What the apostles foretold, the prophets announced: nor were those things fulfilled too late which had always been believed. But the wisdom and good­ness of God made us all the more receptive of his call... as the foretelling of it had been ancient and oft-repeated.

And so it was no new counsel, no tardy pity whereby God took thought for us, but from the foundation ofl the world he ordained one and the same cause of Salvation for all. For the grace of God, by which the whole body of the saints is continually made righteous, was increased, not initiated, when Christ was born. And this mystery of God's great love, with which the whole world is now filled, was so effectively pre-signified that those who believed the promise obtained no less than those who were the actual recipients.

And so, dearly beloved, since that loving-kindness is now manifest with which all the wealth of divine goodness has been showered on us, whose call to eternal life has been promoted, not only by the supportive example of those who went before us but by the visible and bodily appearance of Truth itself, we are bound to keep the day of our Lord's nativity with a joy beyond this world... By the illumination of the Holy Spirit consider who it was who received us into himself and whom we have received, since as the Lord Jesus became our flesh by being born, so we also became his body by being re-born... For God suggested to us the standard of his own gentleness and humility... Let us imitate his humility, then, to whose glory we would wish to be conformed. He himself will help us and lead us to what he has promised.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Sun Dec 18 2011, 12:19

DAILY GOSPEL

Sunday, 18 December 2011

Fourth Sunday of Advent

Feast of the Church : The Great O Antiphons: "O Adonai"
Saint(s) of the day : Bl. Giulia Nemesia Valle (1847-1916), St. Gatian, Bishop (3rd century)

Saint Bernard : "Do not be afraid, Mary"

2nd book of Samuel 7:1-5.8b-12.14a.16.

When King David was settled in his palace, and the LORD had given him rest from his enemies on every side,
he said to Nathan the prophet, "Here I am living in a house of cedar, while the ark of God dwells in a tent!"
Nathan answered the king, "Go, do whatever you have in mind, for the LORD is with you."
But that night the LORD spoke to Nathan and said:
"Go, tell my servant David, 'Thus says the LORD: Should you build me a house to dwell in?
"Now then, speak thus to my servant David, 'The LORD of hosts has this to say: It was I who took you from the pasture and from the care of the flock to be commander of my people Israel.
I have been with you wherever you went, and I have destroyed all your enemies before you. And I will make you famous like the great ones of the earth.
I will fix a place for my people Israel; I will plant them so that they may dwell in their place without further disturbance. Neither shall the wicked continue to afflict them as they did of old,
since the time I first appointed judges over my people Israel. I will give you rest from all your enemies. The LORD also reveals to you that he will establish a house for you.
And when your time comes and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your heir after you, sprung from your loins, and I will make his kingdom firm.
I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. And if he does wrong, I will correct him with the rod of men and with human chastisements;
Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne shall stand firm forever.'"

Psalms 89(88):2-3.4-5.27.29.
The promises of the LORD I will sing forever, proclaim your loyalty through all ages.
For you said, "My love is established forever; my loyalty will stand as long as the heavens.
I have made a covenant with my chosen one; I have sworn to David my servant:
I will make your dynasty stand forever and establish your throne through all ages." Selah

He shall cry to me,'You are my father, my God, the Rock that brings me victory!'
Forever I will maintain my love for him; my covenant with him stands firm.

Letter to the Romans 16:25-27.
Now to him who can strengthen you, according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret for long ages
but now manifested through the prophetic writings and, according to the command of the eternal God, made known to all nations to bring about the obedience of faith,
to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ be glory forever and ever. Amen.)

to a virgin betrothed to a man named Joseph, of the house of David, and the virgin's name was Mary.
And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you."
But she was greatly troubled at what was said and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.
Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
Behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name him Jesus.
He will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give him the throne of David his father,
and he will rule over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."
But Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no relations with a man?"
And the angel said to her in reply, "The holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. Therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.
And behold, Elizabeth, your relative, has also conceived a son in her old age, and this is the sixth month for her who was called barren;
Mary said, "Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord. May it be done to me according to your word." Then the angel departed from her.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Bernard (1091-1153), Cistercian monk and doctor of the Church
Homily 4 on the «Missus est », §8-9 (trans. J.C. Hedley)

"Do not be afraid, Mary"
You have heard, O Virgin, that you are to conceive and bring forth a Son, and that it will not be through the power of man but by the virtue of the Holy Spirit. The angel awaits your reply, for it is time that he should return to God who sent him. We, too, are waiting, O Lady, for a word of mercy: we, who are groaning under the sentence of condemnation. See, the price of our salvation is offered to you; if you consent, we shall at once be delivered. By the Eternal Word of God were we all created, and behold we will all die. By your brief answer we shall be refreshed and recalled to life...

Hasten, then, O Lady, to give your answer; hasten to speak the word so longed for by all on earth, in limbo, and in heaven. Yes, the King and Lord of all things, who has «greatly desired your beauty» (Ps 45[44],12), desires as eagerly your word of consent by which He has purposed to save the world. He whom you pleased by your silence will be yet more pleased by your reply. Hark! He calls to you from heaven: "O most beautiful among women, let me hear your voice" (Sg 1,8; 2,14)... Answer the angel quickly, then; yes, through the angel give your consent to your God. Answer one syllable, receive the Word; utter your own word and conceive that which is Divine. Speak the word that is transitory, and embrace the Word that is everlasting...

«Behold,» she says, «the handmaid of the Lord. Be it done to me according to your word.»

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Mon Dec 19 2011, 11:06

DAILY GOSPEL

Monday, 19 December 2011

19 December

Feast of the Church : The Great O Antiphons: "O Radix Jesse"
Saint(s) of the day : Bl. Urban V, Pope (1310-1370), St. Nemesion, Martyr († 250)

Saint Maximus of Turin : "Do not be afraid, Zechariah, because your prayer has been heard"

Book of Judges 13:2-7.24-25a.

There was a certain man from Zorah, of the clan of the Danites, whose name was Manoah. His wife was barren and had borne no children.
An angel of the LORD appeared to the woman and said to her, "Though you are barren and have had no children, yet you will conceive and bear a son.
Now, then, be careful to take no wine or strong drink and to eat nothing unclean.
As for the son you will conceive and bear, no razor shall touch his head, for this boy is to be consecrated to God from the womb. It is he who will begin the deliverance of Israel from the power of the Philistines."
The woman went and told her husband, "A man of God came to me; he had the appearance of an angel of God, terrible indeed. I did not ask him where he came from, nor did he tell me his name.
But he said to me, 'You will be with child and will bear a son. So take neither wine nor strong drink, and eat nothing unclean. For the boy shall be consecrated to God from the womb, until the day of his death.'"
The woman bore a son and named him Samson. The boy grew up and the LORD blessed him;
the spirit of the LORD first stirred him in Mahaneh-dan, which is between Zorah and Eshtaol.

Psalms 71(70):3-4a.5-6ab.16-17.
Be my rock and refuge, my secure stronghold; for you are my rock and fortress.
My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked, from the clutches of the violent.
You are my hope, Lord; my trust, GOD, from my youth.
On you I depend since birth; from my mother's womb you are my strength; my hope in you never wavers.

I will speak of the mighty works of the Lord; O GOD, I will tell of your singular justice.
God, you have taught me from my youth; to this day I proclaim your wondrous deeds.

Holy Gospel of Jesus Christ according to Saint Luke 1:5-25.
In the days of Herod, King of Judea, there was a priest named Zechariah of the priestly division of Abijah; his wife was from the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elizabeth.
Both were righteous in the eyes of God, observing all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blamelessly.
But they had no child, because Elizabeth was barren and both were advanced in years.
Once when he was serving as priest in his division's turn before God,
according to the practice of the priestly service, he was chosen by lot to enter the sanctuary of the Lord to burn incense.
Then, when the whole assembly of the people was praying outside at the hour of the incense offering,
the angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing at the right of the altar of incense.
Zechariah was troubled by what he saw, and fear came upon him.
But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zechariah, because your prayer has been heard. Your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall name him John.
And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth,
for he will be great in the sight of (the) Lord. He will drink neither wine nor strong drink. He will be filled with the holy Spirit even from his mother's womb,
and he will turn many of the children of Israel to the Lord their God.
He will go before him in the spirit and power of Elijah to turn the hearts of fathers toward children and the disobedient to the understanding of the righteous, to prepare a people fit for the Lord."
Then Zechariah said to the angel, "How shall I know this? For I am an old man, and my wife is advanced in years."
And the angel said to him in reply, "I am Gabriel, who stand before God. I was sent to speak to you and to announce to you this good news.
But now you will be speechless and unable to talk until the day these things take place, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled at their proper time."
Meanwhile the people were waiting for Zechariah and were amazed that he stayed so long in the sanctuary.
But when he came out, he was unable to speak to them, and they realized that he had seen a vision in the sanctuary. He was gesturing to them but remained mute.
Then, when his days of ministry were completed, he went home.
After this time his wife Elizabeth conceived, and she went into seclusion for five months, saying,
So has the Lord done for me at a time when he has seen fit to take away my disgrace before others.

Commentary of the day :

Saint Maximus of Turin (?-c.420), Bishop
CC Sermon 5 ; PL 57, 863

"Do not be afraid, Zechariah, because your prayer has been heard"
It was prayer, not sexual desire, that brought about John's conception. Elizabeth's womb was already past the age of childbearing, her body had lost all hope of conceiving, yet, in spite of this state of hopelessness, the prayer of Zachariah permitted her aged body to bear fruit once more. It was grace, not nature, that conceived John. He could not but be a saint, this child whose birth resulted less from an embrace than from prayer.

However, we shouldn't be surprised that John was worthy of so glorious a birth. The birth of Christ's forerunner, of him who made straight his way, had to show some resemblance to that of the Lord our Savior. Thus, if our Lord was born of a virgin, John was conceived by and old and barren woman... And we do not wonder the less at Elizabeth for conceiving in her old age than Mary giving birth in virginity.

To my mind there is something symbolic in this: John represented the Old Testament; he was born of the blood, already cold, of an aged woman. Whereas Our Lord, who announced the Good News of the Kingdom of heaven, is offspring of vigorous youth. Mary, aware of her virginity, wonders at the child curled up in her womb; Elizabeth, aware of her age, blushes at her womb swollen by pregnancy; as the evangelist says: «She went into seclusion for five months». We are to admire, too, the fact that the same archangel, Gabriel, announced both births: he brought consolation to Zachariah, who remained incredulous; he came to Mary, whom he found believing (Lk 1,26f.). The first lost his voice for having doubted; the second, because she believed at once, conceived the Word, the Savior.

Back to top Go down
DJ_RyAN
Haligi ng Konek
 Haligi ng Konek

Date Joined : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Mon Dec 19 2011, 14:45

Amen po Pastora...... praying
Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Tue Dec 20 2011, 11:21

DAILY GOSPEL

Tuesday, 20 December 2011

20 December

Feast of the Church : The Great O Antiphons: "O Clavis David"
Saint(s) of the day : St. Dominic of Silos, Abbot (11th century)

Prudentius : "He will be called Son of the Most High... he will rule forever"

Book of Isaiah 7:10-14.

The LORD spoke to Ahaz, saying:
Ask for a sign from the LORD, your God; let it be deep as the nether world, or high as the sky!
But Ahaz answered, "I will not ask! I will not tempt the LORD!"
Then he said: Listen, O house of David! Is it not enough for you to weary men, must you also weary my God?
Therefore the Lord himself will give you this sign: the virgin shall be with child, and bear a son, and shall name him Immanuel.

Psalms 24(23):1-2.3-4ab.5-6.
A psalm of David. The earth is the LORD'S and all it holds, the world and those who live there.
For God founded it on the seas, established it over the rivers.
Who may go up the mountain of the LORD? Who can stand in his holy place?
"The clean of hand and pure of heart, who are not devoted to idols, who have not sworn falsely.

They will receive blessings from the LORD, and justice from their saving God.
Such are the people that love the LORD, that seek the face of the God of Jacob." Selah

And coming to her, he said, "Hail, full of grace! The Lord is with you."

Commentary of the day :

Prudentius (348-after 405), a poet in Spain
« Emerge, dulcis pusio », extract from a Christmas hymn « Quid est quod artum circulum »

"He will be called Son of the Most High... he will rule forever"
Show yourself, sweet infant,
Brought to birth by a mother most pure,
Who gave birth to you not knowing man;
In both your natures show yourself, O Mediator.

Though born in time from the Father's mouth,
Fathered by his word (Lk 1,38),
Even now you dwell in the Father's breast (Jn 1,2)
Who are eternal Wisdom (1Cor 1,24).

You are the Wisdom who created all (Prv 8,27):
The heavens, the light, and all that is.
You are the mighty Word who made the world (Heb 1,3),
For the Word is God himself (Jn 1,2).

When he had set in order the course of ages
And fixed the laws of the universe,
This builder and Framer of the world
Remained in the Father's breast.

But when time had covered
Thousands of years,
You came down to visit
This world so sinful for so long a time.

Christ could not bear the fall
Of peoples who were lost,
Nor allow his Father's work
To descend into nothingness.

He put on a mortal body
That the resurrection of our flesh
Might break the bonds of death
and bring us back to the Father...

O gracious Virgin, do you not sense how,
Despite your sorrowful presentiments,
This glorious childbearing
Increases the lustre of your virginity?

Your most pure womb contains the blessed fruit
That fills all creatures with joy.
A new world will be born through you:
Dawn of a day that shines like gold.

Back to top Go down
elyn
Ilaw ng Konek
 Ilaw ng Konek

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   Tue Dec 20 2011, 11:22

mahihinto na po muna ang pag-update ko sa thread na to everyday..
God Bless everyone..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Daily Gospel   

Back to top Go down

The Daily Gospel
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17